May 4, 2011

Pets


The kids, especially my girl, just LOVE having pets. My girl can sit and watch them for a long time, and she's always looking out for their well-being. She often says things like, "I think Snowflake wants to get out of her cage. She keeps looking at the door." Or, "It's a pretty warm day. Should we take the pets outside?" Or, "Should we give the pets a carrot? They haven't had any carrots for awhile." I'm so glad to live in a place where we can have these pets. Our landlords don't want us to have a dog or cat, but a bunny and guinea pigs are ok. My girl is so caring and concerned. I think having something to take care of is a really good thing for her. She and my boy each carry a guinea pig whenever we take them outside. My little boy always wants to help too, but I don't think that would end well. :) But before we leave here, he should be old enough to carry them around. Hub and I are looking forward to the day when we can have some chickens and goats, but a bunny and two guinea pigs are a good start.

2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest picture. Pets are so much fun and teach such great life lessons. I'm sure your girl loves those animals to pieces and is so sweet with them! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pets are such a wonderful part of life. They teach our children responsibility and give unconditional love in return. What better way could there be for preparing our kids for life!

    ReplyDelete