March 16, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Plans


I just printed each of the kids these fun St. Patrick's Day activity and coloring pages. You can find them at Family Fun, along with some really cute recipes. Wish I'd thought to look before going to the store today, so I could have bought some ingredients for the cute treats and snacks. But I think I'll at least make some green muffins and scrambled eggs tomorrow. My boy just barely decided he likes scrambled eggs... we'll see if he'll eat them green.

We'll also talk about St. Patrick's Day and learn things like:

The date we celebrate St. Patrick's Day, that it's an Irish holiday, why people wear green, who St. Patrick was, when and where St. Patrick's Day was first celebrated in the United States, and and how it has been celebrated throughout history.

I don't think the kids are very aware of the fact that St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow. We really haven't talked about it much. So, hopefully this will be a fun surprise.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment