December 1, 2010

Discover Christmas



I just wanted to share this great resource I found several months ago... Discover the Scriptures makes scripture study resources for kids. I haven't started using the scripture curriculum books with my kids yet (they were still a little young for it), but now that my oldest is reading, I think we'll start using it in January. Discover the Scriptures also makes books to go along with Easter and Christmas. They contain stories, activities, recipes, and history all about these special holidays. I just bought the instant digital download of Discover Christmas, and I'm so excited to start using it today. There are activities, etc. for each day in December, leading up to Christmas. Today we'll be making a countdown to Christmas paper chain, with a Bible verse about Christ on each link. The download version only cost $7.99, which is very worth it to me. It would take me hours to put something like this together myself. I'm really thankful for this resource, and just wanted to pass it along!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, thanks for sharing! I just found out that I will be starting homeschooling for our kids in January. I'm so nervous but kind of excited. I'd love to know any other resources that you've found really useful. I've been a little overwhelmed by the HUGE number of websites/books about it online (I guess it's better to be overwhelmed by too much information than not enough though!). We'll leave for Korea in less than a month now! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amylyn, I know how you feel. I'll let you know what some of my favorite resources are so far (based on my limited experience). I'll send you a message on facebook. Good luck with your big move! I hope it goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete