October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

We had a fun breakfast this morning in anticipation of Halloween this weekend. We had pancakes. But not just any pancakes... these pancakes had pumpkin in them. But they were't just any old pumpkin pancakes... they were pumpkin pie pancakes. How are they different? I don't know. I just think it's more fun to call them pumpkin pie pancakes. I also put in the same spices that are in pumpkin pie. And they have kind of a pumpkin pie-ish texture, more so than other pumpkin pancakes I have made in the past.


Once the pancakes are cooked, you can cut little Jack O'Lantern faces in them to make them Halloweeny.

Here is one that my boy made. Very spooky. He pointed out that it even has teeth.

And here's the recipe:

This recipe makes about 12 four inch pancakes.

The pancakes hold together well, so they are perfect for little hands to pick up and dip. I just served syrup on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment