January 12, 2010

Ten for 10


The beginning of another year is here, reminding me to reflect on my life in the context of the past year and the new one to come. I have made my New Year's resolutions and even started working on them (well, most of them). But, instead of posting my resolutions (which kind of makes me think about the ways that I want my life to be better), I've decided, instead, to think about the things that are already in my life that I am thankful for as I go into 2010. I'm thankful for these things just because they exist. They need no improvement, no "resolutions" applied to make me more thankful for any of them.

Ten things I'm thankful for as I go into 2010 (of course, there are many more, but I'm going to list ten in honor of the year):
Note: these are in no particular order.


A Home
I'm so thankful to have a place to shelter my children – keep them safe, warm and fed.


Enough Food and Water
It's one thing to try to imagine not having enough food for myself, but when I think about how it would feel to not be able to feed my kids, my heart swells with gratitude for the fact that my kids never have to go hungry.


The Man
He works hard to provide for our family. He's such a great dad, and my best friend.


The Internet
It makes it so easy to keep in touch with loved ones, even when we're separated by oceans.


My Children
They bring an immeasurable amount of joy to my life every day.


My Parents
I am who I am, where I am, and how I am because of them.


Grandparents, our siblings, and other relatives and friends
They are such wonderful Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Great-grandparents, etc. They truly enrich our lives.

My Faith

Health
It's so easy to take for granted, but so fragile.


Books and the people who write them
I love books and they provide me with so much useful information and great ideas. I'm thankful for those who have the dedication and patience to actually write them.

No comments:

Post a Comment